These humid summer days have us craving fresh food, and what better alternative to regular pasta than zoodles! We paired our zoodles with a Mexican inspired sauce for something a little bit different. Topped with the Cashew Parmesan "Cheese" from our Pimp My Salad collection, this dish was a hit and the combinations were out of this world! Learn how to make this super simple and delicious plant-based recipe below.
Zucchini Noodles with a Mexican Inspired Sauce featuring Cashew Parmesan "Cheese"
Prep: 5 minutes
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralised
- 2 tins organic diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few tablespoons of Cashew Parmesan
- Parsely to garnish
- Chilli flakes to garnish (optional)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and saute onion until translucent. Add tinned tomato and simmer on medium/low heat for 5-7 minutes or until it has thickened to your liking.
- Add corn, kidney beans, and sugar to combat the acidity. Stir well and make sure everything is heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot next to zoodles, top with Cashew Parmesan "Cheese" and parsley to garnish. Add a few chilli flakes if you prefer a bit of heat.