We teamed up with KB Sugar Free, Brisbane Food & Health blogger, to create this fresh dish using our Cashew Parmesan. It is nothing short of delicious! See recipe below, or you may click here to visit the blog it was published on.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 Tbsp potato starch
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Extraordinary Foods Cashew Parmesan
- LOTS of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup white sauce
- 1/4 cup water or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup kale, shredded
- 1 zucchini, spiralised
- Cashew Parmesan to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until transparent.
- Reduce heat and add potato starch, whisk and continue to whisk for about a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut milk at a time, stirring continuously. Only add two cups to pan, save the other cup for the blender.
- When there are no lumps in the pan, turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Then add mixture to a blender, add cashew parmesan and blend until well combined. continue to add remainder of coconut milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once your sauce is complete, sauté garlic and red onion in a pan in a new, clean pan. Cook the mushrooms until brown, then cook kale until wilted.
- Add through 1/4 white sauce and either 1/4 cup water or coconut milk.
- Once well combined, add spiralled zucchini for only a few minutes, or if you want a crunchy ‘pasta’, don’t cook zucchini at all (or blanch super quick in boiling water!).
- Combine all together on a large serving plate