A dream come true, creamy, cheesy pasta without any dairy. This recipe is easy to make, heart-healthy, comforting, and oh so delicious. Add Pimp My Salad vegan Cashew Parmesan "Cheese" for a kick of delicious "cheesy" flavour. Your tastebuds will sing, your soul will be comforted, and your body will thank you.
Creamy Vegan Tomato Pasta featuring Pimp My Salad Cashew Parmesan "Cheese"
Prep: 10 minutes
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar of your favourite vegan pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup plain vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- ½ pack shell pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pimp My Salad Cashew Parmesan, for garnish
- Heat a little oil in a large pan and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Add your pre-soaked cashews to a high-speed blender together with the onion and garlic mixture, nutritional yeast and vegetable stock. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Add pasta sauce and blended cashew mixture into the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer with the lid off for 10 minutes or until it has formed into a beautiful sauce. Add salt to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering away, cook your pasta in boiling salted water. When it’s finished, drain and stir vegan butter through.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve hot with fresh cracked pepper and fresh parsley. Sprinkle with Pimp My Salad Cashew Parmesan "Cheese" to finish.