Dreamy and delicious are words that come to mind when thinking of this Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta by food blogger Emma Catherine. The best thing about this dish is that it is super easy and only requires one pot, meaning less washing up! Not only that, but it uses only simple ingredients, so you won’t need to go out and stock up on fancy (aka expensive) ingredients. Thank you, Emma, for this wonderful recipe. Check out Emma's Instagram @emma.cather1ne for more delicious plant-based recipes!
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta featuring Pimp My Salad Cashew Parmesan "Cheese" by Food Blogger Emma Catherine
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 handfuls closed cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 5c veggie stock
- 130g pasta (I used GF rice pasta, but any pasta does the trick)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2c chickpeas, cooked
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- Cashew parmesan to sprinkle
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have browned in colour, add the veggie stock, pasta, tamari, yeast, black pepper, and tamari and simmer for around 15 minutes… until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, stir in your tahini and chickpeas, sprinkle with cashew parmesan.