Byron Bay local Earth Fawn, with an Instagram to lust over, released her first e-book of comfort food recipes last month. Wow, there are heaps of meals to covet - 50 recipes for beautifully delicious vegan dishes! Here's one of our favourite featuring our Coconut Bacon Pimp My Salad Sprinkles...
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plain vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds, chopped
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, optional
- 1/2 pack penne pasta
- handful parsley, for garnish
- Coconut Bacon, for garnish
- Heat a little oil in a large pan and sauce onion until translucent. Add cauliflower and sauce until soft.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, when it's finished, drain and stir vegan butter through. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower and onion mixture to a high-speed blender together with the cashews, nutritional yeast and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add water by the tablespoon if you need moisture.
- Add the mixture back to the pan and stir plant milk and vegan cheese through. Place the lid on and allow the cheese shreds to melt on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- When the cheese has melted stir pasta through the sauce so it's evenly coated. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with fresh cracked pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley and Coconut Bacon.
Earth Fawn's From Earth, With Love e-cook book is available for purchase by following this link. Start creating yummy dishes that are friendly to the Earth, yourself, your family, and friends!